The job market is ever-evolving with dynamics present you couldn’t even imagine 30 years ago. The best option for any company is to adapt and change how they operate with the times. Recruitment can become a very time-consuming and expensive process. Every company wants to recruit the applicants with the best qualifications and the most potential – but how do you find them and know the information they provide is legitimate? Recruiters have to take quite a few steps before they’re able to hire a candidate. This is where background verification comes into play.
No one will ever deny that it’s people who form the foundation for any successful company, brand or even economy. This is exactly why employees need to be vetted properly, as employers need to be able place 100% of their trust in them. While background verification may seem intrusive and raise privacy concerns, it is done with very specific goals in mind, and with the applicant’s consent. Here are some of the ways background verification can help your company:
· Identity Checks: The basic checks to verify one’s identity – through a person’s NID, Passport, Voter ID, Driving License etc. This is one check that’s very common across all industries, and has proven itself as a reliable way to authenticating someone’s claimed identity.
· Employment and Education Verification: It’s sadly not very uncommon to come across falsified employment and education documents in order to qualify some of the more advanced jobs. This check is required to safeguard a company from frauds and/or other illegal activities.
· Criminal Records: No employer wants to hire someone who’s potentially a criminal, especially if they’re lying about having a criminal record. There have been past incidents involving such cases with criminals lying about their records which have severely damaged a company’s reputation. This is a type of background check that is becoming increasingly common in the current job market, as it can potentially protect companies from a lot of hurt in the future.
· Safer Workplace: Background checks allow for security in your work environment. Even knowing that every single new hire is carefully screened allows for the rest of the employees to know that they work in a safe environment. And this is, of course, in addition to the fact that your company is severely lowering its chances of any of its employees taking part in any criminal activities.
· Find the right candidate: There may be a lot of applicants, who on paper,have the right qualifications, but how do you narrow them down to the person who’d be the best fit for the company? It’s through background verification. If an applicant misrepresents their employment history, education, certifications, criminal history or employment eligibility, it would not only result in a bad hire, but it could potentially result in financial, legal and regulatory damages for the hiring company.
Background verification is an absolutely necessary step to the recruitment process in today’s world. Simple checks are just not enough to dig into whether an applicant may be lying about the information pertaining to them. Build security, trust and productivity in your company by employing background checks to find the right employee for you.