Network & Security Specialist
No Of Vacancies
Job Description / Responsibility
- Manages technology/asset life-cycle. Verifies that necessary equipment (PCs, servers, telecom, etc.) is ordered and available.
- Serves as technical analyst for the design and implementation of administrative and customer Local and Wide Area Network architecture.
- Identifies and resolves network and system(s)' performance problems.
- Assists the Director of iT for disaster recovery and business continuity as it relates to Local and Wide Area Networks.
- Verifies technology assets are secure and well-maintained in accordance with Marriott International policies and standards.
- Installs, monitors, and maintains telecommunications equipment including cabling and provides technical guidance as needed.
- Performs or manages adds/moves/changes/deletions to network equipment.
- Confirms that adequate bandwidth exists and that circuits are secured.
- Verifies security procedures are implemented and enforced based on Marriott International Corporate Security guidelines.
- Troubleshoots high-speed Internet access problems.
- Escalates problems, as appropriate, through proper chain, including on property and above property staff.
- Monitors Local and Wide Area Network performance and assures reliable network in terms of responsiveness to user demands.
- Maintains physical Local and Wide Area Networks hardware infrastructure and software configuration.
- Provides network design and consultation for exhibition clients.
- Maintains all necessary network documentation and inventory databases.
- Communicates /WAN issues to stakeholders as needed
- Meets with clients for review of technical requirements as needed, including but not limited to conference calls, pre and post conference meetings and specifically scheduled appointments.
- Assists Manager, with the development and improvement of support procedures and new services methodology.
- Provides end-user support to property staff, business center.
- Creates and maintains secure network and server environment.
- Performs network equipment backups and routine/non-routine preventative maintenance
- B.Sc or M.Sc in any Discipline (Preferable Computer Science and Engineering)
- A professional industry certification; experience in networking systems, information technology, or network security is recommended
- 4 to 8 year(s)
- The applicants should have experience in the following area(s):
Network Engineer/ Network Administrator, System Engineer (Telecommunication Network), Telecommunication Engineer, Security Management of IT System
- The applicants should have experience in the following business area(s):
As per company policy